Friday 7 June 2013

Twist and slouch #4 - Finished

Well number 4 done and dusted.

Nice pattern and I quite like the 'twist'. Very easy to make and a good introduction to a provisional cast on if you have never done it. The twist is created by picking up the provisional cast on stitches and knitting the rows straight until the desired length is achieved. You then just tie them in a knot, nice, simple and effective.

The yarn used was 'donated' to the knit a book project so I will be posting the hat to America and I just hope Michelle likes what I made her yarn into.

Like all the hats made so far it's on the snug side so if you have a big head either add extra stitches when casting on or use a different needle size.

Now I have to cast on a shrug for my mum and I'm hoping to get a shawl made for myself for holidays, well a girl can dream!



No comments:

Post a Comment