Tuesday 4 June 2013

Twist and Slouch #4 - does anyone else miss purl?

Main body of hat complete. Tomorrow I will unravel the provisional cast off and finish the 'twist' off, I hope my yarn donor likes it!

I have been finding recently that I miss purling.  When I learnt to knit nearly all patterns were created on straight needles. You had none of this seamless stuff and circular needles were only rarely used.  Now so many patterns are created with circulars I find I'm purling less and less.

Don't get me wrong, seamless knitting has bonuses. I HATE sewing up so obviously not having to do that is a major tick in the box.  But I do find that now when I have inches of stocking stitch (like in this hat) my heart sinks a wee bit as it just a bit boring, purling used to jazz it up now it's just knit, knit, knit. Does anyone else feel like this?

Anywho ... Moan over (for now) latest pick attached. Back to work tomorrow so might not get the t finished tomorrow but will try.



No comments:

Post a Comment