Sunday 24 November 2013

I vont to be alone #5 -update

Well what a lovely knit. 

For beginners this is a simple easy to follow knit for the more seasoned knitter a 'mindless' knit.  There is a bit of shaping at the beginning by using a simple increase, picking up loop and either knitting or purling into it.  Then you basically double rib (K2,P2) for 30 inches.

After 30" you split to create the loop and finish off using a 3 needle cast-off. A nice technique to learn and is really good for shoulders on jumpers etc.


I've got about an 1" left to knit before I cast off. Then I will be tackling construction. The book does say "this is best accomplished with head form" so I might be borrowing a head, anyone got one?

I'll try and get photos of the construction process and next time we will have a turban. I'm so excited


No comments:

Post a Comment