Sunday 10 February 2013

Moss Landing Hat #1 -finished

Yeah! Finished it last night but have not blocked it yet. Modelled reluctantly by hubster!

If anyone fancies a lacy hat it's a lovely wee hat to knit. A bit on the snug side but it would be easy enough to add more stitches on the cast on to make it a bit larger. It didn't quite take a skein so easily could have done this and still used the one ball.

I followed the written instructions, i'm an old fashioned girl at heart and they were fine but note there is an errata for the chart instructions, I found it on the pattern page on Ravelry. The pattern is easy enough and a novice lace knitter would be able to give it a go, I think!

All in all a great start to my project, 'knit a book'. Number #2 pattern in the book is the knot hat which is .... Errr .... Interesting. I'm dying to cast on but need to do a baby blanket might alternate projects depending on how I get on. Right, that's all (for now) folks, I'm off to cast on.

The saga will continue ....



1 comment:

  1. That's a great job! I'm planning on learning to knit lace also. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete