Saturday 15 February 2014

Emma's Star #8 - completed

Sorry for the delay on this project, sick children will insist you spend time looking after then and not knitting/blogging, so selfish!

Well Emma's star is done. Am I happy? Yes and No 






I am happy as the pattern is nice, the yarn looks good and it was quick and easy to do.

I'm unhappy as it is supposed to be a BERET and fit a large child/small adult. Now I know I'm a tight knitter but for a the will in the world this couldn't fit more than a child. Number 1 daughter is only 5 and it's snug!

If I had fiddled with needle size I think the pattern would not have been as effective but if I ever remake for an adult then I think DK would give a better size.  Still the daughter is happy.

As for the beret .....

Well I was going to block it over a plate to see if it made a difference but it was pulled on and after an age looking this way and that on the mirror, it was exclaimed "I like it like this", the Emma's Star Beanie was born.



So next project is the Hera Headband, the last head project on the 'knit a book' journey, so until next time

Cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment